- What cryptocurrency can I buy / sell / store?
- We support Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH ERC20), Tether (USDT ERC20), Monero (XMR), TON The Open Network (TON).
- Can I transfer cryptocurrency from Bitpapa to other wallets?
- You can withdraw BTC, ETH, USDT(ERC20), XMR, TON to any external cryptocurrency wallet. For more details, refer to our guide.
- How can I send cryptocurrency? How to withdraw?
- To transfer funds from your Bitpapa wallet to another wallet, go to the Wallet menu and press the Send button, then enter Address and Amount, set the network fee and confirm the withdrawal.
- How can I top up my balance?
- To top up your wallet, go to the Wallet menu and select Receive. A new wallet address will be generated on the Wallet page. Send the funds to this address.
- How can I top up my balance with fiat (rubles / hryvnas / dollars / euro)?
- We don’t support fiat accounts (rubles/hryvnas/dollars/euro). Only cryptocurrency wallets for Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT ERC-20), Monero (XMR), TON The Open Network (TON) are supported on Bitpapa.
- How can I exchange crypto for fiat?
- To exchange cryptocurrency and receive fiat using your payment details, you should first sell your coins. To do that, go to the Dashboard/Sell and shop around for a suitable buy offer.
- Where can I see my wallet address?
- Go to the Wallet menu and select Receive. A new wallet address will be generated on the Wallet page.
- I generated a new address / Can I send cryptocurrency to Bitpapa wallet addresses generated before?
- All previous addresses will remain associated with your Bitpapa account. You can reuse them at any time, even if a new address has been generated.
- Depositing BTC
- On Bitpapa the transferred amount is credited to your balance after two confirmations. After the network confirms your transaction, your account balance will be topped up automatically.
- Depositing ETH / USDT
- The transferred amount is credited to your balance after 25 confirmations. After the network confirms your transaction, your account balance will be topped up automatically.
- Bitcoin transaction doesn’t get confirmed for too long
- Unfortunately, Bitcoin transactions with low or minimum fees may get stuck due to network congestion. To avoid this, we recommend setting the network fee higher than bare minimum. On Bitpapa, you can manually set the network fee when withdrawing cryptocurrency from the marketplace.
- How long does it take for a Bitcoin transaction to get confirmed?
- We don’t know how quickly a transaction will get confirmed because it depends on the network, not on the service we provide. It is impossible to tell beforehand as confirmation times depend on the mempool size and the network fee that you set on the cryptocurrency withdrawal page. Typically, the first confirmation takes 30 to 60 minutes, but it can take more or less than that. We advise you to set the network fee higher than minimally recommended if you need to send or receive coins faster.
- Sending to an incorrect address
- Our service won’t allow you to use invalid Bitcoin addresses. If cryptocurrency has been sent, it means that the address you provided was correct. Unfortunately, transfers to wrong addresses cannot be reversed.
- How can I cancel a submitted transaction?
- Once a transaction has been sent to the network, you can’t cancel it. All transactions in the network are irreversible.
- How can I change the network fee for a transaction after it's been sent?
- Unfortunately, after the transaction has been sent to the network, you can’t change the network fee.
- What is transaction hash?
- Transaction hash (txid) is a unique identifier that allows to track a given transaction on the blockchain.
- Where can I find transaction hash?
- Go to Transaction history under the Wallet drop-down menu, find the relevant transaction and click on it. Transaction details with related information will be shown.
- How can I track transaction hash?
- After the transaction has been sent to the network, you can find its hash (txid) in the transaction history of your account. To see the status of your transfer, click on the transaction hash. The blockchain explorer tab will be opened where you can check the transaction details.
- Transaction processing
- Transactions with minimum network fee get into the mempool within 5-15 minutes. After the transaction has been sent to the network, its hash (txid) will be available in the transaction history. Rarely (when the mempool becomes backlogged with unconfirmed transactions), the transaction may get queued briefly for batch processing in order to increase the total fee and facilitate faster confirmations. To send the transaction immediately, increase the network fee above the minimum amount.
- What kind of storage is used?
- Bitpapa uses cold storage: coins are first moved to a hot wallet, mixed, and then transferred to cold storage which is impossible to hack because it’s permanently offline.
- Can anyone track cryptocurrency in Bitpapa wallets?
- Without access to the user’s account, it is not possible to see his balance by his address – coins are first placed in a hot wallet, then they get mixed and finally they are moved into a cold wallet which is unhackable as it is never connected to the Internet.
- Why does my balance change in fiat equivalent?
- The wallet balance may change in fiat value depending on the current exchange rate of the cryptocurrency in question. In the absence of account transactions, the amount of coins in the wallet remains the same.
- Bitpapa fees
- Bitpapa doesn't charge fees for:
- internal transfers;
- cryptocurrency storage;
- depositing cryptocurrency directly from mining pools;
- cryptocurrency purchases from the ads created by other traders;
- cryptocurrency sales from the ads created by other traders. Traders are paying fees for cryptocurrency purchases and sales via their own ads and for withdrawals to external wallets. More information on fees is available here.
- Network fee and handling
- The network fee amount depends on the network usage when the transaction is about to be broadcasted. Up-to-date network fees can be found here
- How to start trading?
- You can create your own buy/sell ads or buy/sell cryptocurrency from the ads of other traders by clicking on the Buy or Sell links on the Dashboard.
- How fast can I buy or sell BTC, ETH and Tether on Bitpapa?
- The time it takes to buy or sell cryptocurrency on the Bitpapa marketplace depends on the maximum trade time set by the buyer or seller. Usually, traders with a high trust score and plenty of positive feedback are seeking to complete the trade as quickly as possible. You can see the average response time in the user’s profile.
- How to sell cryptocurrency?
- There are 2 ways to sell cryptocurrency on Bitpapa:
1. Create a sell ad and set your terms;
2. Find an existing ad on the marketplace.
To find best exchange rates, you can filter ads according to your requirements. After opening a trade, a trade chat becomes available so that you can send the buyer your payment details. When you have received the payment, press Release cryptocurrency.
- Do I need to have cryptocurrency in my wallet to sell it?
- All trades are made using an escrow account, which means that the seller’s cryptocurrency will be locked until both parties are satisfied with the trade. Consequently, to sell cryptocurrency, you need to have it in your internal wallet on the Bitpapa marketplace.
- How to buy cryptocurrency?
- There are 2 ways to buy cryptocurrency on Bitpapa:
1. Create your own buy ad;
2. Find an existing ad on the market.
To find best exchange rates, you can filter ads according to your requirements. After opening a trade, a trade chat becomes available so that the seller can send you his payment details. Make the payment according to these details and immediately press the Payment sent button. As soon as the seller confirms the payment, cryptocurrency will be credited to your balance.
- Minimum balance required for buy ads
- If you want your buy ads to show up in search results, you need to maintain a minimum balance of 0.0003 BTC (for activating Bitcoin ads), 0.005 ETH (for activating Ethereum ads) and 10 USDT (for activating Tether ads). This requirement was introduced to minimize the number of ads from users who are not committed to trading.
- Minimum balance required for sell ads
- If you want your sell ads to show up in search results, your balance must exceed the minimum requirements you set for a trade.
- How are trades executed?
- Trades on Bitpapa are executed in the following way:
1. A trade is opened between the cryptocurrency seller and the cryptocurrency buyer.
2. The buyer receives payment details, pays for the cryptocurrency and presses the Payment sent button.
3. The seller sees the Release cryptocurrency button appear, and after he checks the payment and presses this button, the coins are released.
4. Cryptocurrency is credited to the buyer’s balance.
- What guarantees that I won’t be cheated in a trade?
- All trades are executed using an escrow account, which means that when a trade is opened, cryptocurrency gets locked until both parties are satisfied with the trade. Should any disputes arise, arbitration should be started.
- When must the payment for a trade be made?
- The trade conditions set the timeframe (payment window) within which the payment must be made. After the buyer makes the payment according to the details provided by the seller, the buyer should mark the trade as completed. When the payment has been received, the seller should press Release cryptocurrency. In case any disputes arise, arbitration should be started.
- Payment details
- Payment details are submitted only through a trade chat. Typically, sellers include this information in their first message in the trade chat, but if you don’t see it, tell the seller that you are willing to pay and he will send you the payment details.
- How to cancel a trade after payment
- When a trade is opened, cryptocurrency gets locked in escrow, while fiat transfers are made directly between the seller and the buyer. To return the funds, you should negotiate with the buyer or open a dispute.
To open a dispute, press the Need help button and describe in detail what happened. Our moderators will review your request, make a decision and notify you via the contacts you left.
- Where is the cryptocurrency I bought?
- Every user on Bitpapa has a free cryptocurrency wallet where cryptocurrency is moved into after the purchase has been completed.
- Do you have a Telegram bot?
- @Bitpapa_bot is the official Telegram bot for Bitpapa.
- Why does the exchange rate remain the same?
- The exchange rate is updated every 5 minutes, please wait for the update. If it doesn’t get updated within this timeframe, please let us know.
- Minimum balance for activating own ad
- There is no minimum balance requirement for creating an ad as you can create them at any time. However, your ad will be visible to other traders only if you have the required amount in your account balance.
If you want your buy ads to show up in search results on the market, you need to maintain a minimum balance of 0.0003 BTC (for activating Bitcoin ads), 0.005 ETH (for activating Ethereum ads) and 10 USDT (for activating Tether ads).
If you want your sell ads to be included in search results, it is required that your balance should exceed the minimum limit you set for a trade.
- Average market exchange rate
- The exchange rate is updated every 5 minutes. We don’t post exchange rates from other marketplaces as our system collects real-time data about fiat and cryptocurrency exchange rates from major global sources, and then calculates an average market exchange rate.
- Including payment details in your ad
- You can save your payment details in the ad settings for automatic inclusion in trades opened by buyers. We strongly recommend you keep your payment details updated and inactivate ads with automatic inclusion of payment details when you are no longer active on the marketplace.
- Can I use cryptocurrency for payment?
- When creating an ad, you can choose one of more than 100 payment methods, including cryptocurrencies, electronic payment systems, cash, wire transfer, and many others.
- How can I change my profile photo (avatar)?
- Go to Account settings, click on the avatar and upload the relevant image. After uploading, the avatar in your profile will be updated within 5 minutes.
- How to link Telegram bot to your account
- Go to Account settings and enable Telegram notifications. To complete, switch to the Telegram bot and enter the /start command.
- How can I find out my login on the marketplace?
- On registration, the system automatically generates logins consisting of English nouns and adjectives.
Before you make your first trade, you can change the automatically generated login to any available.
How to know your login on the web: Your login is shown in the welcome message above the cryptocurrency balance on the Dashboard page.
How to know your login on the mobile: in the Account window your login is the first word on top.
- Importing your trade statistics from other marketplaces
- 1. Your Bitpapa account must be verified.
2. Add BPP54T6331 to any of your ads on an external marketplace.
3. Send us through any medium ( [email protected], Telegram-bot @BitpapaHelpBot, chat on Bitpapa.com ) the following information
1. Link to your ad with the code;;
2. Your login on Bitpapa;
3. BTC wallet address in your Bitpapa account.
You can remove the code in your ad as soon as we confirm your request.
Please note that only the following stats can be transferred:
number of trades
BTC trading volume
number of trading partners
number of positive/neutral/negative reviews
Trade stats can only be imported for verified accounts.
Stats can be transferred only in their entirety. When you have negative reviews, you cannot import only the positive ones.
- How to link an email account
- At this moment, it is not possible to link an email to an account registered via Telegram. But you can register a new account via an email and password, then move your balance to the new account and link Telegram bot to it.
After you have linked Telegram bot to your new account, the old account will be automatically deleted.
You can sign in to your newly-linked account via both email+password and Telegram.
- How to change login?
- Every user can change their login before they make the first trade. You can change your login on the Dashboard – highlight the login and then erase it. After that, enter a new login. All changes are saved automatically.
If you have already made trades and want to change your login, contact our support. We can change the login only after checking your trade history.
- How to register in the application via Telegram
- Fire up the application and click on the Telegram icon in the login window. In the Telegram window that pops up, send the command /start to our bot @Bitpapa_bot. In response, the bot will provide a one-time link for signing in.
- How to create a referral link for inviting friends
- On the Referral program page on the website and in the application (Account->How to earn free bitcoin) you can create and copy your unique referral link and use it to invite your friends. The referral reward is paid out of the fees collected by the service from ad creators.
- Why was I banned from the Bitpapa support chat
- You could be banned from the Bitpapa support chat due to misconduct or obscene language toward support or service staff.
- How to delete account?
- If you registered with the service via email, send an account deletion request from your email to [email protected]
- Someone logged in from an unknown IP address
- Immediately contact support via any communication medium and report the incident.
Enable two-factor authentication and change your login password.
- Invalid 2FA code
- If you encounter the invalid code error when entering the correct code, check if the date & time settings are in sync on the device where the authenticator app is installed.
- No access to 2FA
- We can disable 2FA for your account if you answer our questions correctly. Please contact support via any available communication channel from the contact you use for signing in.
- Should I verify my account?
- Identity verification is not required on Bitpapa, and its absence doesn’t lead to any restrictions/limits imposed on your account. But an account flagged as verified is trusted more by other users, while the access to this account can be restored in case it gets lost. We recommend that all active users verify their accounts.
- What jurisdiction is your company registered in?
- Bitpapa products belong to Bitpapa IC FZC LLC incorporated in the UAE. We abide by the laws and requirements of the UAE regulators.
- Illegal activity on Bitpapa
- The use of our services for any type of illegal activity is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted according to the law.